- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is your student’s key to obtaining grants, loans, and work study opportunities. Previously, parents of high school seniors have had to wait until after taxes were filed in January of their student’s senior year to file the FAFSA. For the Class of 2017, the federal government has made the 2017-2018 FAFSA available beginning 01 October 2016.
- Parents of seniors in the Class of 2017 will use their 2015 income tax information to complete the FAFSA for seniors beginning college in 2017-2018 school year.
- Both parents and students must have an FSA ID to complete the FAFSA online. FSA IDs may be obtained by clicking on this FSA ID link.
- I strongly recommend all parents fill out their child’s FAFSA online using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. This minimizes chances of errors and makes the process more efficient. The FAFSA may be filled out online by clicking on this FAFSA link.
- While FAFSAs can be filled out at anytime before the end of the desired academic year, some colleges and the state of Missouri do have deadlines. Check college websites to find out when they recommend your student have the FAFSA completed. For the state of Missouri, the priority deadline for Access Missouri Grants is 01 February 2017, with the final deadline on 01 April 2017.
- The FAFSA information will be sent to the schools your child lists on the FAFSA. Students can add up to ten schools as recipients of FAFSA information. This information can be edited at anytime. Schools are added to the FAFSA list by their FAFSA number. This number can be found either by searching when completing the FAFSA, or by looking up the number on this FAFSA School Code Search link.
- Bunker High School offers courses that students may take to earn high school and college credit at the same time! Utilizing our partnership with Mineral Area College, students can enroll to receive English composition, literature, and public speaking credits before they leave high school!
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a Junior or Senior
- Have a GPA of 7.0 or higher (3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- Have earned an 18 or higher on the English portion of their ACT
For every three hours of college credit successfully completed, our students will earn one half high school credit towards graduation. Each participating student is responsible for submitting a final grade transcript to his or her counselor for this credit to be applied. We weight all dual enrollment courses +3 points towards our students’ GPA.
Students are responsible for 25% of costs associated with enrolling in Mineral Area College courses. However, if the student recieves a grade of D they will pay 50% of the tution to the school. If the student receives the grade level of an F the student is responsible to pay 100% of tuitions, books, and fees, back to the Bunker R-3 school district.