The primary goal of the A+ Schools Program is to help students be successful in high school and, later, after high school. Grant money is used to develop programs and classes to support this goal. A+ School designation allows graduating students the opportunity for two years of free tuition, books, and fees from any Missouri public community, vocational, or technical school. Bunker R-III High School students meeting the following requirements may be eligible for financial reimbursement (providing Bunker R-III High School maintains A+ status and funds are available from the Missouri General Assembly):
- Have a signed A+ program agreement on file at the high school.
- Attend an A+ designated high school for three consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an unrounded cumulative GPA of at least 6.875 on an 11.0 scale.
- Maintain at least an unrounded 95% cumulative attendance record in grades 9-12.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid mentoring and/or tutoring to other students in our district.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs.
- Make a documented good faith effort to apply for non-payback financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Register for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Beginning with the high school senior class of 2015, have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam.